What transactions can I perform with my card?
What do I do if I do not agree to executed transactions?
How is chargeback performed?
In which cases is the Bank not responsible for problems with card transactions?
How and in what cases are cards closed?
1. The card can be used at ATMs, cash withdrawal centers and merchants through terminals and other devices the screens of which or adjacent areas display the following information:
Functionality such as cash-in/out, utility payments, etc.
Supported payment systems (ArCa, VISA, MasterCard, etc.)
2. Amounts you deposit into your card at the Bank's teller window or by transfer from another Ameriabank account (other than card accounts) typically become available for use within 10 minutes provided there are no technical or software issues at ArCa Processing Center.
3. Card-to-card transfers via ATMs or ArCa online are normally activated and become available for use within 5 minutes provided there are no technical or software issues at ArCa Processing Center.
4. Transfers based on your payment orders are processed and executed within the terms defined by the Bank’s tariffs.
5. Daily cashout limit for ATMs of Armenia-based banks is AMD 500,000.
6. As a rule, transfers from card accounts and accounts with other banks become available on your card within the following terms:
By 12:30 p.m. if received in the Bank before 11:00 a.m. of the same business day.
By 4:30 p.m. if received in the Bank before 3:00 p.m. of the same business day.
By 6:30 p.m. if received in the Bank between 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. of the same business day.
7. Amounts deposited into your card account via the Bank's cash-in machines are activated on the card with immediate effect and normally processed to the account on the next business day. Cash-in machines of the Bank support any cards within ArCa payment system irrespective of currency.
8. ATM cash-in functionalities and restrictions with regard to transaction amount, face value of banknotes, etc., are defined by the ATM service providers and/or payment systems and normally displayed on the ATM for your reference.
9. Transaction amount is debited to card immediately and processed to card account within the following terms:
Next business day, if the transaction was processed within ArCa
Within 2-3 business days, if the transaction was processed outside ArCa
If you have any objections or disagreements with regard to executed card transactions, you can submit a chargeback application to the Bank. Applications must be submitted within 30 days following the date of receipt of card statement. You should enclose supporting documents and any other information we may reasonably request together with the application.
You can also submit a chargeback application if your transaction at the merchant has been canceled but the merchant has not returned the amount within the period defined by that merchant or within the terms below:
● 10 days after cancellation if the transaction was executed in Armenia
● 30 days if the transaction was executed in other countries
We shall not be liable for your card transactions, however, we will use our best efforts to help you in resolving the issue. Failure to resolve the issue shall not release you from your liabilities to the Bank.
Disputing of transactions executed at merchants shall not be considered a complaint or claim against the Bank and our actions shall be limited to intermediation and facilitation only.
If investigation shows that the disputed transaction was executed by you or as a result of breach of card rules by you, you will be charged a fee pursuant to the Bank Tariffs.
We will respond to your chargeback application within the following terms:
● 40 days after receipt of application if the transaction was executed within ArCa
● 60 days after receipt of application if the transaction was executed within international payment systems
● 10 business days after receipt of application for cash-in/out transactions via our ATMs (e.g. if the ATM has not dispensed the cash, but the amount was debited to your account; or you have loaded cash into the ATM but the amount was not credited to your account)
In certain cases it might be necessary to charge the amount back to your card. For this purpose you will need to submit a chargeback application to the Bank. Note that the Bank can approve as well as reject the application.
If the application is approved, our specialist will contact you within 1 business day, and the amount will be paid back within the defined period.
If at the time of receiving the chargeback request offset of the amount was not performed, the status of the transaction will be checked. We will let you know about the status of the transaction and further procedure, and if the transaction has not been performed (no amount has been charged) the process will end.
Your chargeback application can be rejected if the transaction was performed by you or as a result of carelessness or neglect on your part. This being the case, the Bank will charge to your account an application handling fee within 1 business day.
Sometimes cardholders might incur direct or indirect losses due to service rejection of malfunctioning of ATMs, cash withdrawal centers and merchants. The Bank shall not be responsible in such cases, except where this responsibility is directly envisaged under applicable laws, and where all of the conditions below are met:
The problem occurred through the Bank's fault.
Failure/rejection or malfunctioning occurred during working hours of the Bank.
You visited the head office or any branch of the Bank to withdraw cash but the Bank didn't deliver it to you.
In any case, the Bank's liability shall be limited to the actual (direct) loss caused to you.
The Bank shall not be liable for any losses and damages you may incur due to time gaps or late activation of amounts on your card account. In particular, in the event of technical issues or on the first business day of each month it might take longer than usual to activate transaction amounts on your account.
Card accounts can be closed at the initiative of the Bank or client.
If you have no outstanding liabilities to the Bank and/or the Republic of Armenia your card will be closed within maximum the next business day after we receive your closure application.
If at the time of closure there are sums on your card account, you can transfer these sums to other bank accounts or withdraw them within 7 days.
Once the Bank begins to process your application, it ceases to service your card, including – charge service or any other future-oriented fees. On the other hand, closure of card does not release you from obligations that originated before the closure.